Deborah Y. Wilson-Umanzor M.D.
Deborah Y. Wilson-Umanzor, M.D., is a board-certified, glaucoma fellowship-trained ophthalmologist who treats your vision like it's the most precious thing in the world. By using the most advanced diagnostic equipment, she can comprehensively analyze your vision problems. Plus, her training and experience with state-of-the-art treatment techniques mean you get some of the most efficient, accurate and comfortable care possible. Her philosophy is simple; she will do everything necessary to make sure you receive the most advanced and most innovative eye care possible. Your goal might be receiving treatment for glaucoma,removing cataracts, vision improvement by eliminating the need for prescription glasses, or even just getting a new pair of glasses. Whatever your eye-care needs, Dr. Wilson-Umanzor provides unique solutions that are far from ordinary and close to home in Riverdale or Washington, DC.
- MD: Duke University, Durham, NC
- Ophthalmology Residency: Montefiore Albert Einstein School of Medicine New York, New York
- Internal Medicine Residency: Northwestern University , Chicago,IL
- Fellowship in Glaucoma and Anterior Segment Laser: Georgetown University, Washington, DC
- Board-Certified: American Board of Ophthalmology
- Board-Certified: American Board of Internal Medicine
- Fellow, American Academy of Ophthalmology
Dr. Wilson-Umanzor is a member of the following professional organizations:
- American Academy Of Ophthalmolgy
- Member: American Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgery
- American Glaucoma Society
- Washington, DC Metropolitan Ophthalmological Society
- Clinical Assocciate Professor: Georgetown University, Director of Glaucoma Service
- Director of Glaucoma Service